Originally Posted by RupertBear
Originally Posted by ol_mike
federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time

The comparison sounds terrible, doesn't it. But it compares the fed group, who all have college degrees and/or skills and training, versus the overall civilian workers that include minimum wage and part timers. Apples and oranges.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
ond term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers ...

Obviously you've never been in the military. Where would the combat troopie be if somebody back down the line didn't make sure ammo got to him? What about the guys who repair his humvee? Or the guy who tests his eye sight and, if need be, provides his glasses so he can see to shoot? Or gets him the batteries to make his flashlight work? And, for each and everyone of the REMFs, they still have to obey orders. Don't want to move to Mississippi? Tough, soldier, suck it up and pack you and your family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If "somebody back down the line " is in a very dangerous place -he would be treated just like the fighting soldier -if only slightly dangerous -give him 60% of the fighting soldiers deserved income .
Right on down the line --repair humvees-- what danger is there -busting your knuckles while wrenching on it ? Do humvee mechanics get retirements/benefits ? Nope

Lots of people get transferred with their jobs . I worked offshore years ago -roughneck/derrickman -> this is the last Well on this platform boys next hitch we'll be drilling offshore in Brownsville TX..
Believe or not it was a bit dangerous too --did I get a retirement --yes -but only if "" I "" paid for it myself .

You strengthened my point very well thanks.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.