Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Harry M
You don't. The Military is a separate animal. NO military pensions should be touched. They are already pro-rated for length of time served. I do not consider the Military to be public government.

+1 Our military personnel are too poorly rewarded for their service as it stands.

Bureaucrats, on the other hand........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retired military own most of the waterfront property around here -just saying .
A friend/hunting buddies retired airforce brother gets $86,000 a year and has a govt job making $205,000 per year -he tells me "I'm friends with the guy with THE BIG CHECKBOOK" , followed by a huge laugh .
You're falling for the crying from military members who can't make ends make ends meet on $35,00 a year. MANY people make far less -but I'm sure they bellyache about it too -yes wages are stagnant .

I read a paper put out by the military back around 08-09 it stated that military incomes went up 80% between 2001 - 2008 .
I wondered which civilian jobs pay went up 80% in those 7 years -plus retirement and lifetime medical care . I'll guess would be -none-.

I know of 2 people who live near me who have been retired for 54ish and 51ish --how much is that worth ? So yes they didn't make great money back in the day in the military but actually they did --50+ years retirement -life long medical treatment is worth how much [+wife] ?? ?? Think about that .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott ,
I've seen people retired from the military due to a bad back [faking]-one that I knew very well broke his ankle and became a retired vet . -he could run -play basketball -and did play all the time . Went to college of the taxpayer dime -now a lawyer working for the VA . He's a total piece of sch-itt whigger/gangsta , it's no wonder the VA is in pisspoor shape with the likes of him working there .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.