I did not serve in the military. In my younger days I worked on a big offshore commercial fishing trawler which was probably the most dangerous job I've had. For 2 years an offshore drilling rig roughneck and derrick man, also very dangerous. I was 4 and 1/2 years a firefighter and 30 years a law enforcement officer (state and federal game warden). Believe it or not a game warden has a very dangerous job if he does his job properly. I retired with 100% of my pay and benefits with spousal survival rights. When I look at what truck drivers,oil field workers, log cutters, building contractors, farmers, etc. get in retirement and benefits I know I do not deserve what I get if I compare myself to them. They basically get social security and an old age of scraping by and pain from their bad backs and knees after lives of exertion and being the people who really pay this country's way. While I do admire those who honorably serve in the military and law enforcement I can understand some others who do dangerous and demanding work feeling shorted. And before anyone suggests it, I am not giving up my pension.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."