Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by smallfry
Gentleman this is RinB question of 338 RPM. let’s stay on point. But this cartridge has a rebated rim, what might it be in favor over 338 win mag? I am curious.
It's the rifle/cartridge package...much lighter rifle. But as one gentleman previously pointed out, 8lbs including scope is about the perfect weight for the .338 RCM or .338-06 for most people to be able to shoot accurately, so I for one wouldn't want more performance in a lighter package.

My utterly unqualified view is this. It's the package. They make a version that is a short little carbine and I think it would be just the thing for an Alaskan bear guide. It might not be fun off the bench but shooting off your hind legs (as Mule Deer puts it) you'd hardly notice it. Pricey but a good investment.
To get the package which is very light, you also need the cartridge with the rebated rim because of the smaller bolt-face than the usual heavier Mark V's. Without the larger diameter case body, you're not going to get the high performance. That is why I said it's the rifle/cartridge package.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 08/10/23.