Color me pretty skeptical.
The fact that there’s no real physical evidence makes me think that way.
Inter-dimensional beings I might buy. My faith tells me that there’s much more to this world and life than my eyes can see. But a sustaining colony of bipedal critters would sooner or later turn up some evidence, especially in North America.
A friend once told me of seeing one while he was archery hunting in Brush Valley. (Around here you’ll hear them called “Skunk Apes” because they’re usually accompanied by a horrible odor.
Anyway,Mike said he was in his tree stand early AM, and he caught the scent of stench before he saw it from 30 yards away.
He was dead serious, and I believe that he saw something, but I wouldn’t guess what.
And yes, come to think of it, dressing up in an ape costume and appearing before a crowd of tourists does sound like a helluva lotta fun! grin
I don’t think I’d try it in hunting season, by I’m sure there are areas that could thrive off of the business!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden