Originally Posted by longarm
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?