Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Plenty of untouched wilderness in the NW.

Where?

North Cascades for 1 as well as the rest of the Cascade range on south into the Sierras.

The rugged Olympic mountains bordered by the dense old growth rainforests of the Olympics are another.

There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground. There are still areas of our country that are virtually impenetrable and unreachable by “normal” expeditions or adventure seekers.

Google earth gives couch-riding outdoorsmen and National Geographic channel “explorers” the false impression that we’ve seen it all and that the world really isn’t as big as it seems. So while the jumbo jet has shown us that the world is accessible it’s the Cessna that provides actual proof of just how big the world really is. You can’t fathom the vastness of some places from your living room window and you can’t claim the wilderness conquered from your Forest Service trailhead…

I don’t know whether Sasquatch exists but I know men whom I trust implicitly that have had experiences that they swear are true and I believe them. I’ve seen cell phone pictures taken the day before of tracks in the Mount Baker area and I know that the emotion shown during its retelling to me was genuine. I’m open to the possibility that something exists. I’m not open to the argument that they don’t exist because there’s nowhere for them to hide.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~