Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by longarm
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.

Excellent post.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”