Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I think the OP was fishing. Some guys can't shoot for schidt, some guy have schidty shooting rifles. Some guys don't know how to ethically kill an animal with the first shot, some guys never practice, to know what their equipment is really capable of. I personally don't pull the trigger, unless I know the shot is going to kill the big game animal I'm after. There's 100% chance of that happening on a deer or elk. A measly prairie dog, or yote, who gives a schidt?

I was at the range right before deer season over here, a guy staples up a target:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fires of those 5 shots (about a 6" group at 100 yards) and proclaims, "that's good enough for the girls I go out with", or something to that effect. Sorry, not good enough for me. Especially when he was shooting off a bench. Makes me wonder how many deer he wounded last year..

A 6" group from any of my rifle's, scoped, open sighted, wouldn't matter, would not be near acceptable. That said, the vital outlay on that deer is not accurate IMO. Needs to be down, and moved forward. Also can't speak to the actual size in that picture, but the lungs look a tad small to me. Completely deflated & collapsed lungs pulled out on a killed deer are not to be confused with the size of fully inflated lungs.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.