Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't get to practice long range. The longest shooting range I have access to within 20 miles is 200 yards. There is a 300 yard range in the next County but I'm not paying dues and driving 50 miles to shoot there . That said, I would very likely smoke every jug out to 300 yards at least with my .223, .22-250 or .243. I've killed boat loads of woodchucks with those rifles and will rarely miss one out to that distance. That's from a 200 yard zero using a duplex reticle and old fashioned Kentucky windage for the longer shots. It's rather amusing how so many shooters these days are so dependant on modern technology and need to dial their scope to the exact yardage to hit anything at distaces that were considered routine 40 years ago using a simple crosshair and a bit of holdover.

Blackheart, You have finally said something that makes sense, 100--200-300 yards are all chip shots with almost any rifle and scope i don't know any one that starts dialing inside of 300 yards, all the calibers you listed should do real well at the ranges you are using them. good luck Rio7