Dakotan,

I'm surprised that you have not seen DRT's; I get them fairly routinely. Though our definition of DRT might differ. If the animal falls down and dies, that's a DRT in my book... even if it flops around a little or whatever.

I've seen them from my 30-06 on both deer I killed with it, a couple with my 7-08, several with .358, none of which were central nervous system hits.

Of course, I use "real" deer bullets... not those all-copper thingies <big grin! Put down the sharp knives!>

Where I hunt, deer anyway, DRT is highly desirable. It's not that another hunter will tag your buck, that's not really heard of much in Oregon, it's that we are hunting blacktails in a temperate rain forest, it's often raining, and if they go 100 yards, they've gone a LONG ways if you are trying to track blood, in the rain... BTDT, and it's a sick feeling.

I won't shoot shoulders on purpose. It's not necessary if you choose a proper deer bullet, and it's wasteful in my opinion.

Sometimes the dang things just run. Brooksrange, I'd say this one was hit "right" and he went about 200 yards! Go figure.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!