Some animals just don'tknow about dying. My son-in-law was with a guy who double lunged a pronghorn at a water hole. It ran off into the sage and laid down. They waited for quite awhile. They went ot retrive it and it stood up so he double lunged it again. It took of for about 1/4 mile. They waited wor a little while and went for it again. When it got up again, they became concerned.

By now it was getting dark so he shot it with factory lead core 180's from a .308. They walked to it and it wa still alive. It was shot again. The autopsy showed both arrows had hit both lungs. The .308 and hit both lungs.

I used to use a 7-.300 Weatherby. It launched 175 Nosler partitions at 3,150. I hit a large muledeer about three inches above the heart from a distance of about 110 yards. This thing didn'tknow it wasa dead on its feet. Easily it traveled 200 yards or more. This guy was unsual. I have more DDRT than runners.

The value to me of DDRT is I don't have to go looking for them. The only time I go for a deer or elk taking off running is if they run toward the truck. That always works for me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter