Originally Posted by brooksrange
Go figure is right! 200 yards is 600 feet. If a deer consistently jumps 15 feet per second (an average) that means that it lives for over 40 seconds with two holes in it's lungs and/or heart and keeps on jumping at that pace......

Ummmm, look it up. Deer move well over 50 ft/sec at a run. I have had numerous deer run over 200 yards with holes through both lungs. My worse was a deer with no lungs and no heart run well over 200 yards, blood trail was virtually non-existant after 50-70 yards. No heart to pump blood out, and I have seen that happen many times, just not normally that far. Most well shot deer will not make 100 yards, but some still do go very far. I've killed well over a thousand in my life with everything from 22 lr to 50 bmg, and I still see them do new things now and then that I had not seen before. I even once had to finish one off that was double lunged with a 30-06 over 20 minutes after being shot, stuff happens. It wasn't going anywhere, but I did not want to stand around with it staring at me with it's head up while it finished dying.