Well I assume several of these last posts' questions were directed at me so, I'll step up to the plate and take my lumps. As I said previously, I don't judge anybody. I've actually, other than a poorly placed shot, always tried for either a heart or a lung shot. It's been my experience that most heart or lung shots result in a short run. Sometimes that's two leaps, some times it's a 30yd, 50yd, even a 100 yd run. As long as it's been a well placed heart or lung shot, it doesn't result in a long tracking job. Do I desire a DRT from one of these? Absolutely, without question. My assertion is that to attain a DRT regularly, I assume one needs to either do a shoulder shot or a spine shot. If that is incorrect, fine, I'm always willing to learn from others and dont' assert that I am correct or that my way is "the" way. My shot selection choice has not been for shoulder or neck/spine shots. I don't think I've ever lost a deer this way. In response to another poster herein, I believe it is commonly accepted that heart or lung shots result in quick humane kills and do not prolong any suffering (I'm paraphrasing as this was implied by the poster). Heck, maybe this weekend I'll try a shoulder shot, look at the results and see if this may be my new desired method. Like I said from the beginning, I'm inquiring and not judging. To most of you, good discussion. To those of you who responded as though you were being judged, I can't put any more qualifiers in my posts than I already do. Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited by Dakotan; 11/26/08. Reason: corrected spelling error

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ