Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Both resulted in loss of meat that I regretted.

From this post you've clearly a much heavier conscious than me.. which is funny. I've butchered hundreds of big game animals and on deer sized critters, the front shoulders typically don't yield a whole lot. At least not enough for me to feel badly about when I slug a piece of lead through them. I feel bad when I nail one in the ass, but as they say.. desperate measures ..

My regret, was not a huge weighing of guilt on my conscience . I just regretted loss of loin meat, which, I find to be the most desireable. I never lost sleep over it. I didn't wish to imply that to feel regret one must weep or seek absolution. If I'm in a situation where I say, "damn, I wrecked some of the loin", then yes, I think regret is the appropriate word, even if you find it funny. You guessed right, the front shoulders don't yield a lot of meat. I too discovered this several hundred deer ago; but, they still yield meat. Like I tried to state in my prior posts, I'm not judging anybody, I would just like input from others.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ