Id say I am sbout 85% double lungers, a few that are shot from some situation where angle and timing don't allow very precise placement(like benoint style hunting) and a few that I shoulder shoot for a DRT.

I choose the behind the shoulder shot because it doesn't muss much meat, kills surely and reasonably quickly and has a good margin of error.

On the animals I try to DRT, some are shot on public land in the NY's southern tier and if a shot deer runs past another hunter you could loose it (hasn't happened to me, but its possible). or I am hunting next to a property line or in a heavy rain. As for DRT shots, I use the shoulder shot for its margin of error.

I have nothing against folks who like to DRT everything. I just see no reason for me to spend a little meat to get it. And my style of hunting probably wouldn't allow the precision that I would like to have to make a head shot.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge