I have never worried about it too much. In the latter years I tend to hunt where it is not so nasty. There are some times when I chose to just put the safety back on if it seems there is a likely hood of the animal going somewhere I don't want it too. Soemtimes even if they are DRT,they still travel. A few years ago I shot a cow elk and she tipped right over. Problem was,she was on the edge of a steep hill and slid dwon about 300 yds bfeore getting stopped by a tree. I was able to climb down and quarter her,but to get the mules to her,I had to ride around the mounatin about 2 miles and then side hill about a 1/2 mile

I can't remember them all,but there is certainly not even close to 1000 deer as the guy from SC, probbaly not even 100,but I can only remember one going very far and it was bad shot placement. Same as two elk.
I can't remember any pronghorn going over 10 yds.

Mostly I chose the double lunger, but have found if you catch them a little far back, they don't go down quickly as I expierenced with one cow elk I hit with 50 cal maxi ball.She went about 300yds.

I do think DRT is highly desireable, but I don't get all choked up about it.

Here is one elk which if it would have gone 100 yds would have saved me a lot of trouble getting it out of downfall. Now dasy,I would let it walk.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/30/08.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles