Hey guys, don't get me wrong. I do see situations where it would be desirable: moose on the edge of a lake or the alders, mountain goat/big horn sheep near a cliff, gian whitetail/mule deer next to property line/fence, etc. Hell, a DRT from a heart shot or lung shot is clearly preferable to a tracking job. But, to listen to some people talk, read what they post or watch them on T.V. there appears to be a lot of desire for shoulder shot to attain a DRT rather than heart shot or lung shot that may entail some trailing. That's all I'm talking about. And we're seeing a lot more of it. I'm not being judgmental I'm only inquiring as I would prefer a short tracking job with more meat recovery than otherwise. As for you who hunt in the east where your competition entails "hunters" in track shoes and starting blocks with a knife clenched in their teeth, you have both my sympathy and understanding.

JeffO, I didn't say I've never seen any DRTs. Heck, broadening the term to include dropping within a specific distance of impact I've probably seen several. If I'm honest with myself and think back I could probably come up with several more instances I've witnessed than I am able to disclose/remember at this time.

It just seems to me that in the past couple of years the shoulder shot on non-dangerous game has become more in vogue. Once again, I'm not judging, just inquiring. Good input so far guys.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ