Another good report on the TSX. Just returned from my first trip to Africa (my Dads second trip). My Dad and I only took Barnes TSX. Results were perfect.

I shot everthing with a 300 win mag and 168gr. I shot 10 animals and only recovered two bullets. One was a gemsbok shot at 400 yards hit solidly in the shoulder. We found the bullet in the far shoulder. The other one was a follow up shot on black wildebeest. We thought he was done, but he got up and turned to run away, I shot him in the butt at about 15-20 yards. Broke one hip/leg and found the bullet in the lungs.

Dad also shot a 300 win mag and the same bullet. He took 4 critters with the 300, only one bullet recovery. Same scenario as me, follow up lengthwise shot on a blue WB, same result as mine. Dad also killed a buffalo and an eland with 300 gr TSX from a 375. Both were shot solidly in the shoulder and dropped on the spot. Both bullets were found in the opposite shoulder, ranges were 70 and 50 yards respectively. He bagged nyala with the 375 as well, but no bullet recovery.

All the TSX we recovered were mushroomed perfectly, no petals lost, just like a Barnes marketing photo. Perfect.