JJ,
Great post! The wealth of data put forth is wonderful. Your point concerning the size of the exit wound with the hide on versus hide off if very valid and has been my experience as well. I beleive, and your writings points this as well, that the expanded TSX "cuts" through the hide as opposed to "blowing out" a hole that we see with the cup and core bullets. Under the hide the picture is very different. And I beleive this has lead to many misconceptions about the bullet not expanding well when looking at the exit wound with the hide on.

I have been using the TSX and beofre them the X bullets and have always been very pleased with the results. In my 35 Whelen the 225gr TSX is absolutely perfect for all manner of plains game. I have recovered maybe 3 bullets of the 25 head or so of plains game shot. On buffalo, I have used the 350 gr bullet in my 416 Rem Mag and that performed very well also.

Thanks to all who posted on the 168 gr TSX as this is the bullet my '06 likes best. Have only shot one Florida pig with this bullet and it performed fine.

BigBullet
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness.

https://www.facebook.com/Natal-Outfitters-195443607135825/