I like Nosler Partitions, I have no complaints with them. As I said in the original post here, they are the base line of quality bullets in my opinion.

In their day they were the best available, but even Nosler has moved on with additional options in their lineup. If all I had to use for hunting the rest of my days was the partition I would not feel handicapped, I would however have to select shots with them differently then I do with the TSX. The TSX offers far more penetration then the Partition will.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad that the hunters coming over to hunt with me now are bringing a premium bullet to use. Africa, or any expensive hunt is no place for cup and core designs when many better options are available. In the grand scheme of the expenses for this trip it's a small additional cost. I know they are double or in some cases 3-4 times the cost of cup and core bullets, but then your paying over 2 thousand bucks just to fly there and spend a week or two. It's not like you're just hunting the back 40 afer work and can wait for the just the right shot or try again next time. In Africa each chance you pass could be your last at that animal during the short stay you have available. I'm hoping that the guys coming being the right cartridge, and bullet to take every advantage of each opportunity they have.

I have not used the banded solids on game, The standard TSX shoots fine as it is for all the game we hunt.

Last edited by JJHACK; 06/23/09.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)