Sheesh...I am reminded of the saying back during the Crusades [ah, those were the days!], went like, "kill them all and let God sort them out."

I have NEVER used Barnes anything bullets, mostly because I hunt pigs and deer [and 'Yotes of course]. To be honest I have never had an issue with any of the hunting bullets I've used. Of course I don't kill anywhere near as much game as some here post about, not a value judgment or anything, I just don't pull the trigger unless I'm pretty positive I can drop the animal.

So I'm by no means a world authority.

Now what I am wondering is how, if a bullet can be such a flop, and moreover if this company apparently has never made a good product, it could still be in business and thriving.

My guess is that Barnes bullets must work for some people, right?

Anyway I ordered a few different calibers, a medium caliber, .264 and a bigger one .338, both in the TSX plastic tip thingie version.

I've got an open mind, but now my curiosity is really tweaked.

Fwiw a week ago I blasted a cross-tied stack of newspapers about 14 inches thick. It was pretty dense and a 140 grain Hornady SST just creamed right through it.

I expected it to make it about 10 inches in, but I was surprised.

Yeah it aint a deer or any other game but it does tell you something, even if that is only that if you are going paper hunting this will prolly reliably drop a stack of New York Times.

Ok, that's my two sense, on with the Inquisition!