Originally Posted by MuskegMan
JJ - any observations on the Barnes Banded Solids?

I have some of those in 270 gr / .375 cal also. I suspect some feeding issues with the nose profile.

Since JJ has not used the banded solids I thought I would jump in. I and the PH's I have supplied with these have used them with great success on Elephant and Cape Buffalo. We use a premium soft first on buff, then Banded solids but the PH will have the banded solids from the first shot on. On ele only solids all the way. For those of you who saw my DVD that incuded following up a wounded Cape Buff, I loaned the hunter my rifle loaded from the top to bottom with Barnes 400gr Banded solids at 2600fps from my 416 Rigby. They worked exeedingly well. Good initial 'thump' and then straight through deep penetration from any angle.

Put me in the 'bullet terminal performance FIRST, accuracy second' camp. I will and have, chosen a premium bullet that shot into 1.5 inches at 100 yards over a cup and core bullet that shot into an inch or less. Most of the time, though, the TSX and TTSX are the most accurate bullet one can use in his hunting rifle, but I used them (the original X bullet back then) 21 years ago when they were not always so accurate but still plenty good enough for big gmae hunting.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500