this seems to come up quite often and we also get bashed for not aggreeing on what exactly is long range.

I do aggree that long range is past MPBR, when LR shooting pricibles come into play, but I do not consider that a long shot if you know what I mean.

The biggest factor in what people think is long range is there ability. Some think that long range is 400yards and that is as far as anyone should shoot. I can respect that because they are staying withing there abilities (maybe) and are not confident shooting past that. Point is long range is not defined in a book somewhere it is defined by each persons confidence level so it is going to vary.

I think that what a lot of people get caught up in is stating there max range they shoot at, for me, I shoot out to 1500 yards on a regular basis, but that is certainly not where long range starts for me. This is often misunderstood.

My methods are much the same as yours. I use a LRF and sometimes when practicing I will try some mildot ranging just for grins in combination with a clinometer and a calculator to figure TBR, elevation drop turret, and holdoff for wind, although I have also been practicing spinning turrets for wind the last year or so.

Longrange hunters are misunderstood by other hunters in the same way that hunters in general are misunderstood by the libtards. It is human nature to reject and denounce what you do not understand.

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/25/09.