MY $.02 which will piss off a lot of would be snipers, so be warned.

MM has the answer:"The degree of difficulty definitley increases exponentially with distance. "

There is not one average hunter in 100 who can put EVERY first shot in a 12" pie plate at ranges past 300 yards in REAL WORLD field conditions from improvised rests, wind, mirage AND animals are apt to move too. Too many try because they believe all the crap about sooper magnums and three pound scopes.

Long range big game hunting is long range target shooting using live targets. It has little to do with hunting as we old geezers were taught it. Only a geezer who grew up hunting deer with a 30-30, 12 bore shotgun with smoothbore slugs or a bowhunter really "gets" hunting.

When you can smell em or see their eyelashes, you are hunting. The rest is trying to substitute technology for ability.

I'll give you a pass on Antelope but 2/3rds of the bucks on my wall COULD have been killed with my rifled slug 870.

My buddy with his 09' buck at 130 yards. Note the "long range Savage 99 in 300 with a 2-7 loopie. 130 TSX at 2800, DOA.

[Linked Image]