Dear Monashee,

I agree completely. I have not yet seen any evidence that the Harper Tories are corrupt or linked to serious organized crime like the liberals are and I am sure they know what has been going on in Canada for many years. I would like to see them get a majority, take the money that has spent on thing like the gun registration - give it to the RCMP - even appoint Elliot Ness type G men with Tommy Guns if need be and let them take the bit in their teeth and go after the big fish.

On a positive note the driving force behind the federal Liberals and their power base in the GTA in Ontario is the Toronto Star which keeps losing money.

They only survive because they own Harlequin Romances. The paper makes no money now. They had to fire 150 people last year. They are losing control of information dissemination to websites like this one and will not have the influence in the future that they have had in the past.

All the good Canadian crime storie have been broken by US papers and not by the star. The examples are the ones mentioned above - Al Eagleson, Conrad Black and spy Hugh Hambleton - all major Canadian stories and all broken by US media and all arrests made by US law enforcment officials and all prisons terms served in US prisons. That tells you how bad things have been in Canada.

Here is another interesting little story. Remember the Canadian para regiment that was disbanded by Paul Martin because a member killed a Somali who tried to rob them. The Canadian media (and especially Toronto Star) spin was that this was an example of a white supremist attitude in the Canadian military.

What was never discussed was the fact that the guy who killed the Somali was an Indian - not a Gujarati Indian but a first Nations Indian.

It was just case of the Somalis meet the Iroquois. Pierre Radisson encountered the same problem.