About 50 years ago when cameras and telephoto lenses were bigger than they are now, my family was in the hills of Virginny. My photography looney dad had mounted his giant lens and camera on a gun stock which made it much quicker to get wildlife pictures, especially on uneven terrain.
We pulled off the road near an old house, jumped out of the car to photo some critters. As dad was setting the exposure, (no auto stuff back then), an old man came out of the house and let loose with one barrel of his SxS shotgun.
Thought we were fixing to pop one of his cows I guess. Nobody hurt and after explanations and appologies we all had a good laugh later.
Luckily the old gentleman fired that warning shot into the air and not us. If you keep using that rig I pray that you continue to receive a "warning shot" and not something worse. It's a nice set up, but you have to weigh the pros and all of the possible cons.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)