The thing about hunting is, most times, the hunter is trying to keep his whereabouts a secret, especially with coyotes. Having the place crawling with humans doesn't help the hunting. I've never appreciated a game warden checking me while I was in the act of hunting or fishing. It is an imposition on my very limited time while lawfully doing something that I greatly enjoy. For a game warden to simply stop me while fishing to check my fire extinguisher and such or come walking up on my hunt to check my plug or license is, in itself, out of line. If I am actively and blatantly violating a game law (i.e. jack lighting, shooting ducks before or after sunrise/sunset, shooting five times in rapid succession, etc) then OK come check, but not just because it suits them to do so. I would be plenty pissed if I had finally gotten a day off to go coyote hunting, driven out to do so, set up, started calling and then found out that I had called up two game wardens. It wouldn't have mattered what they said.

For Game wardens, probable cause is simply being in the field. That shouldn't be.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray