As Calhoun says.. To take the life of a teenager or anyone would be a burden I would hate to carry for the rest of my life
FOR GODS SAKE - DO NOT SHOOT BACK. Stupidity is not a crime so please do not let it become a death sentence. I have had bullets come near me and have not even considered "Returning Fire" Right or wrong I do not want continue the stupidity.
As to the spotting scope on a gun stock...... If it is percieved as a threat - CHANGE IT !!!! While the concept is sound and very functional why would you want to place yourself in the same situation again. The warden may have run into idiots before and this is a sore point with him. My reading of your post I understand was a reasonable response to someone on his high horse but sometimes a little understanding can go a long way.
Right or Wrong - legal or Illegal the taking of a persons life would be as bad as it could get.
Many years ago as a volunteer fireman called out to a road accident involving a car and motorbike, The guy on the motorbike said 'I was in the right', just before he died

A Friend DOWN UNDER

Bravo 27