The premise is DO YOU NEVER have the opportunity to see/shoot at longer ranges?

I'm NOT MAD or AGGRAVATED but don't ASSUME I'm pushing anything.

I know you're not mad or pushing anything. Just asking an honest question. I should mention though that using all caps is akin to shouting on the internet. So when you type, "I'm NOT MAD or AGGRAVATED", people are reading that as though you actually are yelling at them smile.

To answer your premise question, eesentially no, I don't ever have the opportunity to see or shoot (while hunting, excluding the shooting range) at longer than 30-30 distances.

Growing up I lived in open country and back then longer shots were normal. Now that I hunt in heavily forested areas I don't want to hunt open areas anymore. Longer shots don't present themselves because I intentionally don't hunt where it's open enough to do that. I've only carried a high powered rifle once in the last two seasons. The rest is with a bow, black powder, or handgun.

If you typically set up on powerlines and bean fields then of course you're going to have more opportunities for longer shots and a 308 may make more sense than a 30-30.