Oh well, here goes....

I got to admit I've never seen an elk killed with a 140 Noz BT out of a 7mm, but unless the 140 grainer is a LOT more robust, and sprinkled with more Pixie Dust, than other BT's..........

....the BT would be among my last choice in anything with a MV over, say, 500 fps wink

I've killed or witnessed the kill on at least a dozen elk in the past 25 years with BT's--from my personal experience with early production BT's out of a 270 to recent years guiding and witnessing the effect of BT's with 7mm's, 30 cal's, 338 cal's, and a 35 Whelen--ALL of them resulted in a elk race to one extent or the other. Not to mention a couple races with muleys and one pronghorn.

It's actually a bit of a joke with some guides I know; If the client is using BT's, we wear our track shoes........

In light of all the other good bullets out there, the BT is waaay too frangible.

A TSX in 150gr (preferable) or a 140.

My first choice is going to be a 150 Noz Pt, or a 140 Pt--Partitions in the medium or heavyish weights still seem to perform the most consistently across the widest range of velocities, with as good of penetration as any.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.