The problem I see with the general hunting public is, we all judge a bullet's performance differently. That is why the bullet makers have so many varieties. I find that many guys have one mind set on bullet performance and look at little else. If the bullet doesn't meet their specific requirement, it fails. For example;

1. Bullet MUST exit all the time, every time with bone crushing performance, PERIOD! This mind set or requirement is the most common (Barnes X bullets and Fail Safes are the leader in this department, with partitions being a little ways behind).

2. Bullet must destroy everything internally, with a lot of hydrostatic shock and massive tissue upset. Exit hole is not important.(Nosler Ballistic tips, Sierra Game Kings, and Hornady Amax's are their favorite bullets)

3. Bullet must have a "perfect" text book mushroom when recovered, if it is recovered. (Federal Trophy Bonded, Accubond, A-Frame are the preferred bullet).

4. Must have HIGH B.C. for long range hunting (Berger, Amax, Match Kings)

Everyone I have talked to and hunted with fits into one of the above groups and will argue their point profusely. Are any of them wrong? No, but everyone else that doesn't think like "they" do is wrong and will only wound game ;o) Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.