Originally Posted by Flinch
The 200 grain .338 bullet is one amazing bullet. I have seen them do some amazing things. The last one I witnessed was shot out of a .338 Win mag. at 2,800 fps. The HUGE cow elk was at 300 yards quartering away and up hill (the hunter was shooting down hill at it). The bullet took out the near side rib, removed 3 inches of the sternum completely (yes, I measured it), shattered the off side scapula and knee joint and exited. The off side leg was hanging on by a little bit of skin. The lungs and heart were soup. You could put your arm through the hole it made in the bottom of the chest. A bullet that completely powders that much bone and still exits is completely amazing. Needless to say, she dropped and was dead. I have seen 180 grain Ballistic tips do the same with huge mule deer and elk. I just can't buy into the fact "They blow up on hair." Never seen it, not remotely out of dozens of ballistic tip kills. Again, I will take all the junky ballistics you can send my way. ;o) Flinch
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I was quite impressed with the results. I learned lots that day, thanks for the help.