OK, so let me ask one question here; WHERE IS the "cutoff" point when a size as in diameter/bullet weight increase actually DOES make a difference?

My one and only 7/08 has a 22" custom tube, weighs 6.25 with steel Talley QDs and Leupy VXII 2x7. I bought this, built by Brno284 who posts here for my birthday in 2013 and have only shot Federal Fusion 140s to date.

Brno284, built this for his personal sheep shooter and it is a work of art. he has been a guide in BC and up north, spent some 20 years as a BC CO and has hunted a lot. He told me that he felt it was too little whern he encountered a Grizzly in northern BC and, all in all, I feel much better with something larger.

So, last season, I went to the Kootenays for a few days of pounding rain and I took it, my new custom .280 Rem. which goes just over 7 lbs. on an HVA with Fwt. Kreiger and also my second Dakota 76, my 2014 birthday present, it is a .338WM.

Now, I have seen enough game killed and shot a few myself to know that any of these WILL humanely kill any animal in BC, BUT, I just cannot see a 7/08 being equal to my .30-06 loads, with the 180NP at 2800 fps-mv.

However, this could well be my essentially curmudgeonly character and since I am gettin' so bloody old, I could be wrong!