Funny thing a couple of years ago as a member of our local Department of Emergency Management Team we broached that very subject as we are a rural county out here on the Olympic Peninsula and did a table top exercise on what would happen here on the Peninsula if the big one did occur over on the I-5 Corridor and we had a sudden influx of people from Seattle, Tacoma and the other Metro areas on the East side of the sound.

Believe me the outlook was bleak as there was and is no way that our infrastructure could handle sudden influx of people as we simply don't have the resources in either the public or private sector and there would be no way in hell of replacing the commodities needed to feed and house those coming out of the metropolitan areas as the sources for replenishment would have been destroyed.

One of the problems is it's not just an Olympic Penisula problem. It would be a regional problem as this scenario would play out the same on the East side of the state. I'm not trying to be an alarmist but this same scenario would play out the same way where ever you live in this country.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]