Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
nothing wrong with you weapons choices if they work for you....a more daunting task would be the logistics of food, water, medical supplies, sanitation, etc for such a large group of people in the event of a meltdown. sounds like you need to plan for a platoon sized unit....and prepare accordingly.

I'll tell ya' what,

......Re : people who aren't FIRST AND FOREMOST focused on the logistics you call out,....and instead obsess about firepower, and firepower alone ?

They'll more then likely be SUPPLYING those who did with arms and ammo, and the greater majority posthumously, I'd venture.

"Well , we got guns,....let's go get some." ......totally predictable.

As is their subsequent (and self expedited) demise.

GTC

Absolutely, 100% correct.

City people have this notion of arming themselves to the teeth and then... what... spilling out into the countryside looking for a gunfight?! This isn't the movies where the bad guys always miss while the good guys pick off the inept bad guys like a video game.

You REALLY want to be ready, buy some cheap land, preferably with water or at least a cistern or large tank, and get a cabin put in. If the SHTF, proceed to said cabin AVOIDING THE USE OF GUNS AT ALL COSTS. Well, almost all costs. smile

That said, forget the mini-14; get a couple cheap AR15's instead. And a couple Glocks. For .308 keep it simple- Rem SPS or the like.

If this really happened, what'd end up being most valuable would be a .22 and a shotgun, though. You can buy single-shot shotguns brand new for $100. .22's aren't much more.

At my country place we have water covered (lol), heat for the house/cabin covered for life, we keep a lot of food on hand. I have a whole seperate 1000 ft/2 insulated building that could house many in a pinch. Long-term, food is a biggie. Those articles everywhere now about feeding your family from a backyard garden... rendering raccoons for lamp oil... etc... total BS. It takes a LOT of work to grow a lot of food, and that's from someone with basically all the land I want to work. So if you truly plan on this, you better make sure your cabin is on very good soil, and has reliable water, and you better have a good tiller or small tractor, and help, and luck (the farmer's secret weapon, or nemesis, depending).

What I still need is a big gas/diesel tank and a REAL generator. The generators i want (3-cyl diesel) cost enough to have held me back, and i cant see much point in a cheapo genset... And some new Claymores. Mine are getting old-looking out there. whistle

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!