Originally Posted by arctic338
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by arctic338
Don't worry about the tin foil hat comments. Even saw a one hour feature on the History Channel last night about how to survive after the SHTF. Look at how the unionistas are acting in Wisconsin, Ohio etc. to get a preview of coming attractions. Only it will be much worse when you take food and other necessities away from the "entitlement" crowd. It will look more like Libya/Egypt/Greece. Add in the never ending flow of illegals and the mideast situation and there is legitimate cause for concern. I prefer to be prepared rather than be like Nero and fiddle (or make tin foil hat comments) while Rome/America burns. Not like we haven't seen them setting fire to Detroit, LA etc. before.

Exactly who was it setting fires in Detroit, LA, and/or looting in places like New Orleans? Ever seen anything like that happen in Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana?...

Guess I am missing the intent of your reply as I didn't mention any of those four states. In fact I live in Alaska and it hasn't happened here either. Because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. Can I see possible riots in say Anchorage? Yes, anywhere you have people with the entitlement mindset and who can't take care of themselves. Granted there are far fewer of those folks in the states you mentioned and up here!

The riots you cited can be traced to one specific factor, can they not? Last summer when the hills around San Diego burned and people were packed into the stadium for days on end, how'd they behave compared those during Katrina? What do you think the difference was?

For the most part, civilized people will act in a civilized manner, even under stress.