Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The more I hear about the ongoing crisis around the world and the draconian policies of our own regime, my thoughts are turning to planning for anarchy in the US should something big happen (ie. nuclear detonation in one or more of our largest cities; total collapse of our monetary system; a breakdown of our food supply/distribution, etc) The more I think about it the more glum it appears for city dwellers such as myself. I rely on our current distribution system of food, gasoline and utilities distribution as well as reliable electronic communications systems, etc. If something were to happen and one needed to protect his family who has thought about what weapons would work? Also, what about a sniper rig in a political situation that may evolve into guerilla warfare?

Currently I am counting on gathering together my children and their families in the event of a widespread anarchy situation. That would mean equipping four men with weapons and ammo (9mm, .45ACP, .223 and .308). I have settled on two Marlin Camp rifles with matching handguns/magazines (S&W Mod 59 in 9mm and 1911 .45ACP) as well as a Mini-14 in .223 and an Icon Preditor Hunter in .223 (sniper) along with several more 1911s and a Browning Hi-Power. I am currently looking for a .308 sniper rig as well. Leaning toward an FN or Savage rifle.

Any thoughts on this?

Jesus Christ!