As most here have said, the ability to sustain life is going to be more important than the type and number of guns you have.

Probably the biggest concern is drinking water. I would love to have a place out in the country, but over time have learned life was easier by making the wife happy. We have 3.5 acres outside of a small town. We are on city water. There is a river within a half mile of the house but it would be quite dangerous getting water if the S truly HTF. Not much I can do unless I want to dig a pond or put in a pool.

A concern for me is medication. Without it I would be dead in short order. How much is enough? Nothing is made on US soil anymore and a breakdown in the supply chain would be disasterous.

I think more realistically, things may get to how they were in the great depression, but far more people without the skills to survive. Basic needs may be met but at a high price or in short quantities. There will always be people looking to take what is yours. How far are you going to make your property safe. Nothing short of a well thought out compound is going to keep the masses out for long.

I have been planting fruit trees, increasing garden area and getting my own chickens to be more self suffficient if the need arises.

There won't be anything romantic about the SHTF and many will not last long. Those that do may not enjoy it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.