Originally Posted by sundles

I do believe I saw a picture of you (on this site) with a large bull elk that you killed on an RMEF ranch...........

Do you want to bet on that?

Have never stepped foot on an RMEF Ranch, as a hunter or as a guest. I think you are referring to the Double HH in NM. I hunted within sight of that ranch, on public land. We packed the bull out on our backs. Took plenty of trips and logged over 15 miles in doing so. Had I access to such ranch, I suspect I would have called and asked for a ride, rather than grunting it out.

Is this another one of your "I watched it with my own eyes" facts, or is this in the category of "I read it on the internet?"

You are doing a good job of proving my point there, Sundles. I am not saying that your accusations could not be true. I am asking for proof that it is true, beyond your anecdotal fairy tales. So far, with no results provdied from you, other than you most recent claim of something you saw on the internet with is completely incorrect.

Since the point you just made is 100% false, you expect all of us to believe your drivel about things you read, saw, or heard, but cannot provide one single bit of evidence for. Sorry, but I ain't buying what you are selling.

More than willing to give you the GPS coords on that bull, if you want them.

As far as your wolf incident, a person would have to be living under a rock if they were not aware of your incident. Regardless of the outcome, and what happened, I am truly sorry that you had to go through all of that.

I have had family and friends who have had pets killed by wolves, but never any personal attacks. In have lived around wolves all my life, and feel fortunate to have not been in the situation you have.

I will believe what you say about all of that, as you were there. If you killed the wolf in self defense and/or in defense of your property, I would expect all of us here would support you on that.

I do not want to make light or humor of that event. I am sure it was a life changing deal. I wish it had not happened to you.

So yes, I, and I suspect anyone who has been involved with the wolf ordeal in the Rockies, is aware of your situation. No argument from me on that.

Though you seem to think I would not be aware nor willing to investigate, I was aware. Lots of discussion of your situation occurred in our neck of the woods. But, I do not claim to know what happened and will not opine on what happended, as I was not there and anything I would have heard would have been anecdotal BS. I am taking your word on it, as you would know better than anyone.

As far as a vested interest in RMEF. Nope. Just spent lots of hours working on land deals and the one group who was always there was RMEF. Not NRA, B&C, or DU, of which I am a life member. Not SCI, not SFW, not XYZ.

RMEF brought people to the table. They stuck their neck out and put up option purchase money to give time to raise the funds to complete much of the deals. And, they never asked for credit like some of the groups do. They were more concerned about the land being preserved.

In one big transaction, I was the adviser of the landowner. Many groups were trying to get involved in a very big deal on the north boundary of YNP. The government agencies and the other non-profit groups had no understanding of why a landowner wanted to do this. Their lack of understanding killed the deal on many occassions, only to be recessitated by RMEF. They understood landowners and their attachment to the land, and that money was secondary to the deal. Fortunately, the landowners came back to the table and the deal got done.

Those experiences impressed me much. Enough that I am vested in their common goal of preserving wild lands and wildlife, to the degree that when I read unsubstaniated comments by those who appear to have an axe to grind, I ask for evidence.

This hunting season in Montana, hundreds of bulls were killed on properties secured by RMEF. They put the deals together to protect the land, then work with the agencies to exchange or hold the property. Thousands of hunter days are experienced on these properties, and will continue to be the case.

Hopefully we can get to a wolf solution in MT, as if not, the number of elk hunter days on these properties will diminish. I think we all are working toward that goal of state control over wolves.

I guess we all go through life with the glass being half full or half empty. My view is the glass is always half full. With the work RMEF has done on behalf of elk and elk hunters, I view their glass as pretty close to full, in spite of the times I have disagreed with their position on certain things.

They are like any group. Not perfect, and at times, will put any of us on the other side of the table on some issues. But, in their entirety, they are a huge plus for elk and elk hunters. I know you probably disagree.

I suspect it is fair to say that your experience with wolves, and with the process of an investigation, has influenced your opinion about anyone and anything related to wolves. Maybe not, but that is how it comes across to me by reading your posts. Why you feel the need to make accusations of groups that had no say or control over the introduction of wolves is still a mystery to me.

Time to sign off on this one. Best of luck in getting the pieces put back together. Hope your 2011 hunting season is your best ever.

Carry on.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."