I've got an Extreme Weather, .270 WSM and have had it since about late Oct. Before that, I had a Kimber Montana, .270 WSM that I fought and spent lottsa money on for about 4 years. Do a search here & on Accuratereloading .com for that.
I've just begun really working with the Extreme Weather - been too cold to shoot all winter. I have a .270 Win. and only use 150 gr. bullets in it. The same will be for the WSM. So far, this rifle looks as if it's gonna be a keeper and once I find a load it really likes could well be my primary one for hunting. So far, I can easily get about 1 - 1/1/4" groups and often times, under an inch. With a near max charge of Retumbo, I chrono about 3210 FPS with a 150 Sierra. I've gotten close to that with a near max. charge of IMR-7828 SSC. One poster on AccurateReloading told me he got about 3214 (or so) with a max charge of RLDR-19 and a 150 Partition. I tried that powder just yesterday with a 150 Sierra and with 62.0 grs. came up with 2957 FPS. Little more than I get with my .270 Win. and a 150 Partition. I don't think RLDR-19 is the powder with this weight bullet for the WSM. This next week, I'm hoping to try Rldr-25 with the 150 Sierra. I use Sierra's for load work up then generally use Partitions however, once I get my hunting load worked out for this, I most likely will be going to a 150 NorthFork.
After the positive results I've had with my .270 Win. here in AK., there is no doubt in my simple mind that the WSM can be nothing but more of a good caliber. I've always used my .338 WM on our moose hunts but this year, I'm gonna be tempted to take the WSM just to see what it would do on a a moose. IMHO, there's no reason this cartridge can't be loaded to at least around 3150 FPS using a 150 gr. bullet with good results.
Good luck & have fun.
Bear in Fairbanks

Addendum:
When I first got this rifle, I got a box of Federal Fusion, 150 gr. cartridges for use as a baseline for accuracy & velocity. Grouping was 1 1/2" for 5 shots but 3 went into 1.0". Velocity for the 5 shots was 2962 on average. To me, very anemic. I reload anyway but thought this was interesting. I think the .270 WSM is a reloading proposition.
B.I.F.

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 03/26/11.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.