In the scenario in the OP, the guy is the good guy. He demonstrates his intent is not to kill the burglar and his bullet evidently did no harm. Therefore he is only guilty of breaking a law which the spirit of, is to prevent accidental injuries and property damage, of which ostensibly, none occurred.

I just got back from working out at the PD. Everybody is still up in arms about this. I just got done saying that the only thing that could change my mind on this case is the point of impact of that round.

We "know" (strong word based on newspapers) that the round was fried into the ground. What I don't know is where that piece of real estate was (at a witnesses feet?) or where it went after. I know nobody was injured and I surmise (due to no mention) that there was no property damage. Still, I'd like to know where the round went.

George

Last edited by NH K9; 02/22/12.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�