Originally Posted by billyzink
If I SHIP THE TRIGGER AND ACTION SEPERATLY WOULD I BE LEGAL?
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by billyzink
Anyone know what the rules would be to ship a Remington 700 muzzleloader action from MN to IL. Trigger included with action but no firing pin?
The '68 GCA defines a firearm as follows:

"� 921 Definitions.

(a)
As used in this chapter�

(3) The term "firearm" means (A)any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm."

Notice there's no exclusion for firing pin removal nor is a firing pin included in the definition of a firearm. That bullshit old wives' tale needs to STOP.

Illinois law goes further:

"65/1.1. Definitions For purposes of this Act:

'Firearm' means any device, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile or projectiles by the action of an explosion, expansion of gas or escape of gas; excluding, however:

(1) any pneumatic gun, spring gun, paint ball gun or BB gun which either expels a single globular projectile not exceeding .18 inch in diameter and which has a maximum muzzle velocity of less than 700 feet per second or breakable paint balls containing washable marking colors;

(2) any device used exclusively for signaling or safety and required or recommended by the United States Coast Guard or the Interstate Commerce Commission;

(3) any device used exclusively for the firing of stud cartridges, explosive rivets or similar industrial ammunition; and

(4) an antique firearm (other than a machine-gun) which, although designed as a weapon, the Department of State Police finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon."

"'Firearm' means any device...designed to expel a projectile...by the action of an explosion, expansion of gas...excluding...an antique firearm...the Department of State Police finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon."

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-5-2011/atf-p-5300-5-illinois-2011.pdf

Federal law provides exempts muzzleloaders from the '68 GCA, while Illinois law leaves the door open for a state police bureaucrat to arbitrarily define them as firearms.

A basic Google search for "Illinois State Police" yields this:

"Do I need a valid FOID card for a muzzleloader or blackpowder gun?

Yes. In Illinois, muzzleloaders and blackpowder guns are considered firearms."

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Shipment of a muzzleloader to Illinois would need to be received by a federal firearms licensee as on any other Title I weapon.
I'm sorry, but are you F*CKING SERIOUS? You didn't understand a damned thing that was posted in response to your question, did you?

I'm going to answer AGAIN and I'm going to ask you to NOT respond in order to not pollute this thread any further.

UNDER FEDERAL LAW A FIREARM IS DEFINED AS ANY WEAPON CAPABLE OF EXPELLING A PROJECTILE AS WELL AS THE THE FRAME OR RECEIVER OF THE WEAPON -- MEANING THE ACTION.

FEDERAL LAW EXEMPTS MUZZLELOADERS FROM THE DEFINITION OF A FIREARM -- THAT'S THE MINIMUM STANDARD.

ILLINOIS LAW RECOGNIZES MUZZLELOADERS AS FIREARMS AS DEFINED BY FEDERAL LAW, MEANING ANY MUZZLELOADER SENT TO ILLINOIS WOULD NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY A VALID FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEE AND TRANSFERRED AS A FIREARM TO THE PROSPECTIVE BUYER.

THE TRIGGER AND FIRING PIN ARE CLEARLY NOT MENTIONED IN THE DEFINITION OF A FIREARM -- THE RECEIVER IS. IF YOU WANTED TO SEND ALL OF THE PARTS MINUS THE RECEIVER TO THE BUYER YOU WOULD BE LEGAL IN DOING SO, BUT THE RECEIVER WOULD STILL NEED TO BE RECEIVED AND TRANSFERRED JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FIREARM UNDER ILLINOIS LAW.

AM I CLEAR? IS ANY OF THIS MAKING IT THROUGH TO YOU?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.