I came here with an honest question about whether I, as a C&R holder, could ship a firearm back to the owner or if I had to ship to an FFL in his state if I returned a firearm. I was hoping you could provide a reasonably complete answer because part of my confusion is from an email exchange I had with ATF. You didn't provide any reasonable answer beyond your normal screaming, cursing and providing nonsensical and vague answers even when I tried to keep a civil exchange going. Unfortunately having an anonymous internet Wikipedia expert googler named Bricktop as a source of information isn't going to work as an affirmative defense if I follow some of your nonsense.

Why is it that after YEARS of screaming at people who just want reliable answers that you are still unable to cite federal statutes or regulations? I mean come on.. You do know that the GCA was used to create those statutes, right? And then there has been 44 years of other congressional bills and ATF regulations (some flatly illegal and totally unfounded in the GCA or other bills) which have changed the verbiage and intent - like the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act?. You do know that when people go to court it's for a violation of those statutes and NOT a violation of the 1968 GCA, right?

Oh, sorry.. here I am burying you in multiple questions again. Don't stress though, I don't expect any answer except for the normal cursing and screaming.

One another thing you need to understand as you trick the unknowing into following your advice.

There is no such thing as a legally binding statement from the ATF. You need to QUIT SAYING THAT. If you get a written statement from them, it can be reversed at their will and they will not tell you. An email can be considered as guidance, but the best that an email from them will be is as an avenue of defense in court if they press charges - it may or may not keep them from pressing charges. Of course while you're in court trying to stay out of jail or keep your FFL you're paying some lawyer your life savings to do so. The ATF have a long history of reversing decisions or giving out contradictory decisions to people who ask for a determination.

Have a good day.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com