Have noted that on this website there are people who hold themselves out to be experts of all the complex rules regarding shipments of firearms.
Insofar as I have been able to determine NONE of these people are employees of the BATF, licensed import/export agents or attorneys with "standing" before any Federal/state/local court. Just a "heads up" that the advice you get from somebody on the Internet is worth about as much as you pay for it. Should you run afoul of some Federal, state, county, city or even village law, the person you got the great advice from will not be standing there in court next to you or sharing your cell. Both Gunbroker.com and the BATF websites have a lot of good info but if you live in a whacko state or city, using a licensed dealer to handle your all your shipments may well be worth the added expense. Back when I lived in New York state, all my shipments went through an FFL although not required by law. At $30 a pop it was a lot cheaper than one hour of my attorney's fees. Now that I live in "free state", it's not a real concern. The law says "moderns" can be shipped by an individual to an FFL, incoming must come to an FFL, but that's the basic Federal law.
There are many, many more bells and whistles depending what it is, where you are and where it's going. Ignorance of the law(s) is no excuse and being able to "cut and paste" from a BATF website does not make you an expert. Just my $.02. Thanks.