Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by reelman
If I'm not a FFL I know I can send a rifle to a FFL or C&R holder (if the rifle is C&R obviously) but what if the person getting the rifle decides they don't want the gun during a mutually agreed upon 3 day inspection? Can that person with an FFL or C&R ship the gun back to me (again I do not have a FFL or C&R) or does he need to send it to a FFL?
If a transfer has taken place, i.e. the gun was logged into the books and a NICS check was completed, then the deal has been consummated. These are terms you'll want to spell out to your buyer.

If no actual transfer has occurred, then yes, the firearm may be returned directly to you (the non-FFL holder).
Wouldn't the ATF consider a transfer to have taken place when the FFL holder signs for the package from the carrier? At that point it has to be logged in, and any returns would have to go to an FFL if the seller lived in a different state.

Gunsmiths may return repaired firearms to their non-licensee owners and owners may ship their personal firearms to themselves at a different address, but I didn't think anybody else was allowed to ship to a non-licensee.
Wrong.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.