Originally Posted by [bleep]
Actually, I meant those 5 questions as a list of "which one is wrong", not 5 different questions. Sorry if it looked like I was trying to derail the thread.
That's exactly what you're trying to do.

Originally Posted by [bleep]
I was under the impression that there's actually TWO transfers taking place. The first is from the seller to the FFL, because the FFL is legally allowed to receive firearms via interstate shipping. The second is from the FFL to the local buyer. By federal regulations (27 C.F.R. � 478.125), FFL's have to record acquisitions by the end of the next business day - which I'm stating for clarity since I know you're aware of it.

Let's put it this way, which I think removes all extraneous questions. A non-licensee seller sends a firearm to an FFL in another state to transfer to a non-licensee, and that FFL receives it and logs it into his record book. The receiving FFL calls the buyer the next day and finds out the buyer just got arrested on a felony charge. Obviously the FFL can't transfer it to him.

Can the FFL ship it straight back to the seller's home address?

My thought was that he couldn't since I believe a transfer has already taken place from the seller to the FFL.
Are you f*cking serious? This is the kind of bullshit you're wasting everyone's time asking?

There are not "TWO transfers taking place," that's YOU, YET AGAIN TRYING TO READ SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE. For the sake of entertaining your horseshit "questions" and VERY obvious attempt at derailing this thread, the disposition of the firearm in your little "scenario" would be returned to owner, just as with a firearm that was repaired or customized by a gunsmith. The FFL holder is the transferor, not transferee. There is NOTHING within the '68 GCA that states otherwise.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.