Originally Posted by releehweoj
Originally Posted by Classic270
Gentlemen/Ladies:

I am equally outraged by the situation that EHG finds himself in. If one were to be imprisoned with members from this forum, a short visit to jail would be a small price to pay for a "satisfying" resolution to this saga. However, the type of people one might meet while paying his "debt to society" makes this kind of solution a life altering experience. Hopefully, a legal solution can be found.

On another note, this situation effects me personally. As a new member, with most, if not all, of my posts in the classified section, how will anyone ever trust me with this type of thing going on. I don't want to post without something meaningful to say on the other parts of this forum just to get my post count up. So I will do eveything I can to make anyone I deal with as comfortable as possible. The fact that this exposes me to more risk is part of being able to enjoy this wonderful resource. I have done 1 deal on this forum and 2 on 6br/accurate shooter. All three have been very pleasant and honest deals. I have negotiated on other deals that didn't happen and have never had bad feelings expressed. I don't think I would be comfortable making on-line deals with any other group of people (cars, music, golf, etc.), but scammers like this make it harder for me to connect with "my" people.

Ken

+1 This expresses my sentiments perfectly and is a pretty accurate description of my situation with regard to this forum and a couple of others. I understand the reluctance to deal with someone who has not been around long - on the other hand I could spend some time posting meaningless and insincere crap in various sub-forums just to get a post count up but that doesn't make me any more honest or legitimate to deal with. Bottom line for me is that I will deal with people fairly, do everything I can to safeguard myself in a transaction and scream blood murder when someone wrongs me. The only reasonable alternative is only trading FTF locally and that severely limits you opportunites for finding what you want and selling what you no longer need.

And this does not have [bleep] to do with this topic!

Dave