Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by logger
As the story you quoted said, "Webster is accused of advertising items for sale on the Internet, many of which were firearms and electronics and collected money from numerous victims but provided nothing in return." We didn't make a few phone calls, we made many and also sent in signed affidavits. We had personal phone calls with the sheriff detectives and with the investigators from the US Postal Inspection Service. It took several years, but we never gave up. We all knew that it was unlikely that we would get our money back, but it became our goal to see if we couldn't aid in helping to bring Webster to justice. Were we the only one involved, probably not, but you never know how these things are going to turn out. Again, it never hurts to make the phone call. I'm glad we did. The guy was convicted of a felony.
And it netted you what? Great effort. And the point still escapes you: it took a BIG case to get the authorities involved. And you still didn't get [bleep], because they don't collect your debts.
Let me see if I can break this down for you BT: If someone gets scammed on here and they know an alias and an address, they should file a report with both the FBI internet fraud division and local authorities. Are they going to run out and knock on his door? No. BUT- If this is real scammer, then chances are he's scammed hundreds of people and when they call and report it to those same agencies, then what started as a simple ignored case turns into a big internet fraud case. That get's there attention and when they nail him he goes to jail for a long time...

Or, they can do as you suggest and take it up the ass and allow the scammer to get away with it.
Let me see if I can cut through the cloud of BULLSHIT you're creating: WHAT F*CKING GOOD HAS IT DONE TO RUN AND CRY TO THE AUTHORITIES? WHAT TANGIBLE RESULTS ARE THERE? Can you understand any of that? Anything at all?

Logger's case wasn't prosecuted. Logger never received any recompense. Great f*cking plan, dumbass. Let's all follow the same f*cking failed philosophy and expect different results.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.