Originally Posted by krummarine
lol!; just my way of poking the old bears on this site.

Really, the Ruger comes with a 20" barrel, iron sights, CRF action and ugly, but very functional stock.

all this shooting a cartridge in a standard magnum action, faster and more efficient than the old "geezer" H&H.

Really? easy choice.

Until you get somewhere important and there's no ammo,if you need it....and empty brass is availble somewhere rather obscure(I've yet to a see any despite hanging in some rather busy gunstores.....Maybe in Alaska? I dunno... whistle

I wonder about the "geezer" stuff,since the 375 Ruger derives from the 30 and 35 Newton, which predated the H&H hull by a few years. eek I wonder....who are the "geezers"? grin

Other than the Ruger,30/06-length actions by Remington and Winchester are simply H&H length actions with the guts blocked off...only the boxes are 06 length, and even a Ruger can be easily converted to H&H length as Phil Shoemaker and Bill Atkinson proved....Sure, to the "over the counter" stiff he is gonna stuff Ruger cases in a Ruger rifle and think he's working with an 06 length action...especially if his arms are short and he ignores the obvious.

I guess the new definition of "efficiency" is providing a larger,fatter case that goes a bit faster,and call it "efficiency".... thought it worked the other way around? confused And slab sided cases loaded to higher pressures are not as good as tapered ones under tough conditions(maybe theoretical up to a point but facts is facts) frown

The notion that the Americans "know" as much as the Brits about designing DG cartridges is laughable....the American definition of "better" being "blow them out straight,pour the coal to them,lets get the most velocity from the smallest case, and don't worry about the pressure"! cry

But Americans don't really have any dangerous game to deal with either...not really unless you count rut crazed whitetails and little black bears.... smile

I don't see the Ruger case(good as it may be)overtaking the Holland any time soon.....some folks will believe anything. wink

Which 375? I'm surprised this is even a "question". sick

Last edited by BobinNH; 12/13/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.